Monday, October 22, 2012

Spaghetti party!

About a month ago, Asher announced that on October 22nd, we had to have a "spaghetti party". I didn't think much of it. I didn't know what a spaghetti party was or why it needed to be on October 22nd. I assumed he'd forget about it.

Oh no.

Last week he was still talking about it and asking how much longer until the 22nd. I asked him, "What is a spaghetti party? We just eat spaghetti?" He said, "Yeah. With all our friends."

Ok then.

I sent out a message to a few church friends and a "spaghetti party" was scheduled. Asher's kindergarten teacher told me that he was talking about it in school all last week and even drew a picture about it during story writing time. He was SO excited!

It turned out to be really fun! We had spaghetti and meatballs along with some french bread and cookies for desert, thanks to our friends. I even had a chance to hang some streamers up while Evan was doing some school work this morning. When he walked in and saw them after school, he said "Woah!" in a voice of awe, so it was totally worth it. :)

10 22 1web

10 22 9web

(Confession: I completely forgot to take pictures, even though I got my camera out and ready before hand. I took this one of Spaghetti Boy eating leftover spaghetti again for dinner tonight. Silly boy.)

I'm so glad to have such a creative and fun little boy to liven things up. Maybe we'll make the Spaghetti Party an annual event! Even if my kitchen does end up looking like this afterwords:

10 22 2web

1 comment:

Lori said...

so glad it was such a success!