Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy birthday to Asher!

We felt a little bad for moving right before Asher's birthday. Evan had a big party with lots of family, but up here in Washington, we hardly know anyone. We decided that instead of a party, we'd plan a fun-filled day for Asher instead.

We spent the morning watching conference in our jammies (because Ben had to be at the office until lunch time). What a great way to start the day! I don't know that the kids got much out of it, though. While we were watching, Asher said, "That guy is OLD! He can park close at Walmart, huh Mom?" He just cracks me up with the things he says these days.

When Ben got home, we got dressed and ready (you'll notice both boys insisted on mohawks) and headed off to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch.

Evan and Asher waited patiently while Mom bought tokens and ordered pizza:
04 02 002web

04 02 003web

So did Ben.
04 02 005web

Then it was off to play games! I loved the concentration on their little faces as they played each game.
04 02 007web

04 02 008web

04 02 010web

This picture makes me laugh because Ben was not posing for this picture. You can see from his expression how well Asher was doing in this game.
04 02 012web

When the pizza was ready, we took a break to eat!
04 02 014web

04 02 019web

Then it was back to the games! Asher loved this pinball game. I don't know what he was doing, but he kept winning extra balls. He played FOREVER on just one token!
04 02 022web

I love how he can barely even see over the edge. :)
04 02 024web

04 02 025web

04 02 028web

After a couple hours of fun, we used up all our tokens just in time to go see "Rango" a the movie theater...
Rango-Movie-Poster-2
(Don't waste your money)

...and then we went home and had hot dogs for dinner at Asher's request.

After dinner, it was time for presents!
04 02 037web

04 02 039web

04 02 061web

He got some bath/beach toys, a cool airplane, a transformer, the Leap Frog fridge magnets and an art easel.
04 02 041web

When drawing on the chalkboard, having the tongue out definitely helps. :)
04 02 051web

Last, but not least, we had cake! Please ignore the terrible decorating job. The black icing kept exploding out and then not coming out at all. Asher thought the cake was cool, so that's all that matters. :)
04 02 054web

I thought we had candles, but I must have thrown them out when we moved, so Asher had to blow out a glade candle (four times).
04 02 056web

Over all, I think it was a successful day of birthday fun. Asher seemed to think so, anyway.

Happy birthday Asher Bug! I can't believe you're already FOUR!

3 comments:

McKayJoice said...

Close park? I love that. So cute.

Bec said...

What an awesome birthday!! I laughed out loud (for real) at Ben's face in that pic- classic. :) And handsome lil Asher... How'd you get so danged grown up?? Sheesh. Happy birthday, buddy!

Brein said...

Aww those pictures are priceless!! What a fun birthday!! Tell him how much we love him! Xoxox