Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grandma

My mom was in town last week to help out after Ellie was born. She had booked her fight for the previous week, but when that Sunday rolled around and I was still pregnant, she bumped her flight back a week. I'm so glad she did!

06 28 036web

It was a HUGE blessing to have her here. The boys had some quality grandma time and were able to get out of the house to run around every day. Mom did my house work and made dinners while I recovered and snuggled baby girl.

She brought Uno for the boys and ended up playing about a million games of it with them because they loved it so much. I don't think she'll ever want to play Uno again. :)

06 27 002web

06 27 003web

06 27 001web

By Saturday I was feeling really well and getting up and around just fine, so we decided to head over to Seattle for the afternoon and show my mom some of the city.

07 02 019web

07 02 017web

It was such a beautiful, clear day. We could even see Mt. Rainier. Look closely and you can see it!
07 02 016web

07 02 015web

07 02 012web

07 02 008web

I'm so glad my mom was able to come for a visit. I just hope we survive without her. ;)

2 comments:

The 4 of Us said...

Congrats! Baby girls are a completely different ball game! I'm glad everything went okay!

Katie said...

My kids play Uno the same way!! I'm sure your mom had a blast with the kids. You all look so happy!!