Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2 week old Ellie

When Ellie was two weeks old, I decided to attempt an actual "photo shoot" with her. I got everything ready so that it would be perfect. I planned it for the time when she was usually taking a long morning nap, so she'd be nice and sleepy. I put her down for her nap in just a diaper so I wouldn't wake her up undressing her. I got all my props (hats, baskets, backgrounds, bows) out and ready within arm's reach. I put the heated blanket under the backdrop so she'd stay warm and sleepy. I rearranged the furniture in the living room to get the very best light. I had so many ideas and things I wanted to try.... it was going to be great!

But, as she has done from the beginning, Ellie called the shots and things didn't quite go the way I planned.

I got ONE pose in before she woke up. Just one.

07 07 020web

It figures that out of all the newborns I've photographed, the most uncooperative one would be my own.

07 07 013web

It's a good thing she's so cute.

07 07 012bw_web

I didn't even get to put any cute bows on her!
07 07 002web

After that one pose, all I got was a bunch of this...
07 07 032web

So, I took some pictures of her cute little piggies and called it good.

07 07 039web

07 07 030web

Better get used to being the subject of my photography, Ellie.... you have a LOT of pictures in your future. :)

2 comments:

Brianne said...

She is so sweet!

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I wandered across your blog via your Facebook link, so I hope you don't mind my blogstalking.

It's a great picture even if you did only get one good full shot in. It sounds like you were totally prepared though. I always wondered how people would get amazing shots of such little babies. I guess I always thought they were drugged or something because they always look so sleepy. Haha!

Were these pictures taken with your Nikon D40? I totally love taking pictures with mine even though I'm way behind in the skills area.