Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Renton River Days

This past weekend, the city of Renton had it's annual River Days celebration, so I decided to take the kids to check it out. I'm so glad we went because there was a bunch of fun stuff for the boys to do and most of it was free!

They had this big thing made out of junk for the kids to bang on with "drum sticks" (aka chopsticks wrapped with tape).

07 22 001web

07 22 002web

07 22 004web

Next was the climbing wall. Evan has always wanted to try one of these and was delighted when they said he was big enough.

Getting harnessed up:
07 22 005web

I think it was a lot harder (scarier?) than he expected, but he did really well. He made it about half way up!

07 22 007web

After that, they played a game of mini golf.

07 22 008web

07 22 009web

07 22 010web

They were really excited about these giant hamster balls. When it was Asher's turn, a guy from the newspaper asked if he could take pictures of Asher in the ball and then took all his information down. Maybe Asher was in the paper! (I don't know because we don't get the paper.)

07 22 012web

After that, we got a hot dog for lunch and then headed over to the youth circus, which was kind of fun. We left early because Ellie got fussy, but it was time for some naps anyway.

On Saturday morning, we decided to go back because we had only seen about half of what there was to see. Besides, it was fun for the boys and a good reason to get out of the house. We discovered the big inflatables and the kids had fun on those until it was time to leave.

07 23 002web

When the kids had their turn on this one...
07 23 001web

...Asher got to the top and would NOT come down. Evan had time to go down the slide, stand in line and go down again before Asher finally came back down the stairs instead of sliding down.

07 23 003web

Silly kid.

After the inflatables, we grabbed a snow cone before heading home.

I had just been telling my mom how I missed all the different summer celebrations they have in Utah, so this was perfect! There was so much to do... we didn't even get to the petting zoo or the free slushies! :)

1 comment:

Meggan said...

That looks awesome. Remember all those days you told me how lame I was that we could go play outside and you were still stuck with Winter? Well, we're paying for it now. I don't think we've been out since the beginning of the month. It's too stinkin hot!!! Bring on the fall! Glad someones having some fun in the sun!