Sunday, April 5, 2009

Birthday Festivities!

Grandma and Grandpa Johansen came down on Saturday to celebrate Asher's birthday! I took a bazillion picures, but here are a few of the highlights:

Opening presents:
Presents!

Opeining presents

This drill from Grandpa and Grandma was his favorite!
Favorite birthday present

He decided to use it to drill Daddy's nostril:
Using the new drill on Daddy's nostril

After presents, the kids all went outside to blow bubbles with Asher's new no-spill bubble thing.
Bubbles

Blowing Bubbles

Blowing bubbles

Then it was time for cake! Asher was so excited to blow out the candles, he didn't even wait until the song was over!
Make a wish!

When I told him to take a bite, he completely forgot about his spoon and went in for the kill. This is what he should have done (but didn't) on his first birthday!
What he should have done (but didn't) on his first birthday!

...and the result:
Cake Face!

This morning, before conference started, we went for a walk around the Logan temple. What a beautiful (although a teeny bit chilly) morning!
DSC_0111web

Logan LDS Temple

I realized too late that I didn't get any pictures of Asher with his grandpa and grandma. I guess that's mostly because he's such a busy little guy!

Thanks for a fun visit, Grandpa and Grandma!

3 comments:

Bec said...

What fun! Those pictures captured his excitement really well. Yay for grandparents! :)

alanna said...

Happy Birthday Asher!

Beautiful Temple.

Can't wait to hear more practice updates!

Meggan said...

Happy Birthday Asher! It looks like he had a good birthday! I love that he didn't eat his cake with a spoon!