Friday, July 1, 2011

Introducing Miss Ellie

Well, she made us wait (impatiently) for 8 days after her due date, but little Ellie finally made her dramatic entrance into the world on Thursday, June 23rd. She took her time deciding to come, but once she decided, she sure was anxious to get here. She was almost born in the car!

Here's a quick timeline of our morning:

4:30 ish- My contractions woke me up.
6:09- Called the midwife.
7:20ish- Kids were picked up and Ben and I left for the birth center.
8:11 am- Arrived at birth center.
8:17 am- Got into the tub.
8:19 am- Ellie was born.

06 23 003web
{Minutes Old}

So, from start to finish, my labor was only 4 hours. From the time we arrived at the birth center to the time Ellie was born was only 8 minutes!

06 23 010web

I don't remember the drive to the birth center in great detail, but I do remember yelling at Ben to "GO FASTER!" and "I do not want to have this baby in the car!!". I also remember him telling me "Don't push! think about something else!" Yeah. Right.

I was so glad we decided to have this birth take place in a birth center rather than the hospital. The experience was a hundred times better. After Ellie was born, I was able to relax in the warm water and then get out and rinse off in the shower before snuggling in bed with my new baby.

06 23 005web

06 23 012web

After snuggling and admiring to our hearts' content, they finally did the newborn exam. She was healthy and perfect.... and the biggest of our three babies!

06 23 029web

8 lbs. 7 oz.
21 1/2 inches

06 23 044web

After the exam, Ben got her dressed and ready to go home.

06 23 046web

06 23 051web

She wasn't too sure about the headband. Her temperature was a little low, so we ended up switching it out for a hat anyway. :)

06 23 053web

We left the birth center around noon and stopped to grab lunch and a bunch of Redbox movies on the way home. Ben and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies and snuggling baby girl. It felt good to be at home instead of laying in a hospital bed.

After dinner, the boys came home to meet their new little sister.

06 23 059web

06 23 067web

06 23 068web

06 23 064web

Most of you know, the naming part ended up being a lot harder than we expected! We finally officially decided on her name on Wednesday when she was 6 days old.

Her official name is Ellette Michelle and we'll call her Ellie.

She is such a sweet little girl. We are all quite smitten with her. The boys just love her to pieces. They want to hold her and kiss her all the time. She loves to be snuggled and doesn't want to be put down... she's our spoiled little princess already. :)

06 27 015web

06 27 014web

And of course, I'm having fun with cute pink clothes and headbands and stuff. :)

06 27 009web

06 27 012web
Yaaawwwwnnnn.

I think we'll keep her. :)

6 comments:

Olivia Goldman said...

Congratulations again, Li! Yeah, that definitely was a super fast labor. And even though shorter labors feel more rushed, I think I much prefer them to longer labors. It's so awesome that you were able to have her in a tub, at a birthing center, and then go home that very same day! Way to go, Li! She is just so precious :).

Bec said...

Oh my goodness, Li!! Eight minutes?! What a crazy, quick labor! I'm glad you had a good experience, and GLADDER (sure, it's a word) that little miss Ellie finally got here- and safe and sound! She. Is. BEAUTIFUL! So feminine already and such Beautiful eyes! She's positively scrumptious! :) Since I can't be there, gobble her up for me! Aw... Welcome, baby! We love you already!!

Brianne said...

Wow, I really am glad that you made it to the birth center in time. I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet Ellie!

Anonymous said...

Li, that sounds so wonderful. What a great experience, I think I would have liked doing it that way - never was too excited about staying in the hospital. So glad it went well and that everyone is doing fine. The boys look so happy; as do you and Ben. We love you. -Lynette

Heather said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! What a wonderful birth story, glad you are both home and all went well.

Lori said...

Ack, she is simply perfect! What an awesome birth story, way to rock it! I love all of the pics, you all look great. Congrats!